Welcome to the Redolent Mermaid 2017 Reading Challenge!
My goal was to create a reading challenge that would stretch me a little, yet still contain genres that I crave, have flexibility and an amount I would not feel overwhelmed trying to complete. Feel free to change or omit as it fits you, but do please join me!
1. Re-read a beloved book (or series!- give yourself credit for each one you read).
2. Art and literature. Graphic novels, art history, comics, even a doodle or two on a Wreck This Journal, as long as art is involved, count it.
3. Magic. Witches and wizards, fairy courts or simply a story that enchants you.
4. A book gifted or loaned to you.
5. A book that has been in your TBR pile but overlooked time and again. Read it!
6. A library find.
7. A book to learn something from.
8. Cool book cover art that lures you in like bait. (Yes, it is fun to judge a book or wine by its cover).
9. A story that takes you to another place and time, real or imagined.
10. A book from a favorite author that you haven't gotten around to reading yet.
11. A book with an animal on the cover or in the title.
12. A memoir.
13. A fluff read. (Easy, fast, or cheesy).
14. A Steinbeck, Hemingway or John D. MacDonald creation or book about one of them or inspired by one of them.
15. A scarlet hued tome.
16. The next in a series you have read.
17. A tale that takes place during a war.
18. Female heroine triumphant.
19. A European setting.
20. Female authored.
21. Paranormal or supernatural phenomenon.
22. A book to make you belly laugh, guffaw or snort and chuckle along the way.
23. A book that will be a movie, you read, then watch. Preferably with friends then you can chat about how much better then book was (unless it was Maze Runner, then the movie was better).
24. A book with words in it. That should cover it.
I figure two books per month is attainable. I have so many exciting books to dive into. I will probably update a couple times a year with what I have completed. Please join me! And anytime you post a photo of what your current read is use the hashtag #redolentmermaidreading so I can follow along please.
What do you think your first read of 2017 will be? I am thinking of wading into Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon. It has been ages since I have entered the world of Claire and Jamie Fraser. <3 Swoooooon.